College Scholarship Program
The application for the College Scholarship Program is now closed.
Notifications have been sent via email. If you have not received a notification email, please check your spam filters. If you still have not received notification, please email us or call (323) 230-0142
The Southeast Community Foundation (SCF) College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation’s best four-year colleges and universities.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition, as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
This highly competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $16,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the college student experience
Southeast Community Foundation College Scholars are selected based on exceptional academic ability and achievement, financial need, persistence, service to others, and leadership.
A rigorous application review includes analysis of grades, standardized test scores, participation in available advanced courses, student essays, letters of recommendation, and family finances. Each year, a handful of students will be selected into the program.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
At a minimum, applicants must:
- Plan to graduate from a US high school in spring
- Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1200 (based on the old SAT scores) or above and/or ACT composite score of 26 or above
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant
Download College Scholarship Program Profile.
Current high school seniors are eligible for this scholarship. Receive up to $16,000 per year to complete your bachelor’s degree, as well as opportunities for internships, study abroad, and graduate school funding.
The application will be available January.